Due to an interesting constellation at work - a new project, with new partners and space for arbitrary ideas - I have found new motivation to spend evening time for learning and playing. I always wanted to get hands-on with this “cloud stuff”, dockerizing things, working with k8s, ansible, maybe use a new programming language, set up a github Actions pipeline, and so on.
This blog is going to be my diary on this journey.
What we have been learning lately
- some k8s, by setting up a bare metal cluster on some Raspis
- ansible basics, for provisioning our cluster
- playing around with helm
- dockerizing a Rust web service
- homer, for a home-network utility web page
- jekyll, aka this diary
- too little nginx so far
- docker-compose and linux boot params, running dockerized deconz
So what’s next?
- little bit of CSS. But only a little, because CSS is driving me up the wall every time.
- create a pipeline for jekyll->docker->deploy
- use git post-commit hook (?) to
- run ansible playbook that
- on homecentral, git pulls, docker-jekyll-builds, serves via nginx
- some real k8s work(load), but need ideas
- gitea looks interesting
- minecraft? …